Thursday 17 April 2014

My favourite free crochet patterns

I am eternally grateful to all the lovely pattern designers who have provided over 48,000 free crochet patterns on Ravelry. This meant I could start crocheting with very little financial investment, a couple of pounds for a hook and some yarn. Many of these designers also have YouTube channels dedicated to teaching the basics of crochet and I am yet to come across a stitch that I haven't been able to learn via YouTube!

(If you decide to learn via YouTube...be aware that most videos use US crochet terminology. See my previous blog post).

These are a few of my favourite free patterns so far...

The owl hat from Repeat Crafter Me. I started off by making one for my toddler and one for my unborn baby at the end of last summer. I was kept busy making owl hats for a good couple of months!
This headband is so pretty. I made one for my daughter and this one was made for an order. It was quick to make and I love the flower on it.
One of my favourite hats yet! This cloche style hat from Aesthetic Nest  has a great tutorial to accompany the pattern and the flower pattern is included. Another fab flower!

My first crocheted blanket. This is a corner to corner afghan blanket. There are many patterns for these online but I used this one from Red Heart. Corner to corner patterns are fab because you just carry on until it's the size you want and then start reducing the length of the rows. This makes it feel like it works up really quickly!



One of my absolute favourites. This gorgeous cardigan is a free pattern from the amazing Moogly blog. I've almost finished it so will share a pic when it's complete, but so far, it looks perfect.

I sourced most of the patterns via Ravelry, a site that is well worth joining if you are looking for crochet or knitting patterns. There are over 130,000 free patterns to choose from!







Edited to add...
I've now finished the Moogly cardigan! It looks so lovely and worked up very neatly. It's a pretty easy pattern to follow. Go on, give it a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment