Wednesday 30 April 2014

WIP Wednesday

It's already Wednesday again! These weeks are going in far too quickly. Think it's a combination of being kept super busy with four children and using my spare time to crochet and then blog about it! Not to mention that I am on the back to work countdown... four weeks to go and I bet these four weeks go the quickest of all.

So, as usual, I am working on multiple projects. I now realise I'm not alone in this as a crochet group held a poll the other day: one project on the go or a few? The results were 100% had more than one on the go. Surprising? Not really. I think we all love the excitement of starting something new. Looking for the pattern, wondering what colour yarn to use, getting everything ready and making a start. I enjoy working items up but putting them together is my least favourite part and I guess that's when I start on something new!

Anyway, this weeks Works In Progress:

The Blanket: This is just about finished now. Just got the ends to weave in and the edging to do. 

The Sun hat: I'm going to try out a couple of sun hat designs but so far I'm really happy with this one. The pattern is toddler sized but this one fits my seven month old quite nicely (he does have quite a big head though and is the size of some one year olds!). I've two more rows to do on the brim and then need to think about embellishments. I thought the wavy brim might be a bit girly but it looks cute on him and will definitely keep the sun off his precious little face.

Amigurumi Bunny: So far, I've finished the head, two legs and an ear. I haven't quite finished the body and the one arm that are pictured because they require stuffing and then a few more rows. I've quite liked working with a tiny hook to make this tiny toy. I'm not quite sure about the colour of this yarn though...it's pink and white and has quite a lot of one colour before changing. Therefore the head's a bit pink, body is white, one leg is half pink, ear totally pink!  

Hopefully these will all be ready in time for a Finished Friday post!

2 comments:

  1. I have 4 children too. Aged 6,5,3 and 18months. Chaotic but fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! People think I'm mad but I love being surrounded by then and seeing them grow up :-)

      Delete