Wednesday 7 May 2014

This week's WIPs

Gosh, work in progress Wednesday comes around quickly! This week I've been working on a couple of crocheted baby toys. One is the bunny (I know, I know...). It's been ready to put together for a number of days but I need to get some stuffing. Making up is my least favourite part which is probably why I've not bought the stuffing yet! The plan is to finish it by Friday. Promise.

Secondly an Amish puzzle ball. These look really cool and I know my 7 year month old would love rolling it around and crawling after it. He'd love chewing it too. He loves chewing everything at the minute! I had to make 12 cone shaped pieces and three chains of "lids". Each lid will cover one of the cones. It's a bit of a boring make and I'm really not looking forward to putting it together.
Not a great pic but 12 x cones and one chain of lids

I have a baby unicorn on my to do list but again, I need some stuffing to make it. Have a look at the link though, it is so cute!

I enjoy the intricacy of amigurumi. I am really not keep on finishing them off though. Will give the unicorn a go and see how I get on. There's no point flogging a dead horse, so to speak, so if I've had enough by then, I'll stick with what I enjoy...cute little hats and other baby accessories.

2 comments:

  1. Hello 'Betty' - found your blog at last. I am dying to see your finished arugami as I tried to make a Totorro for my son at Christmas but just couldn't do it. I also enjoyed reading your post about Keswick and am very jealous that you live close enough to go for a day trip - we are going for a holiday to the Lake District in the summer - it's one of my favourite places. Happy crocheting! Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, I've just finished it tonight, it was pretty fiddly. I didn't mind the tiny crochet stitches once I'd got past the first row but didn't enjoy putting it together. Think I may stick to larger items!

      We love popping to Keswick. Even though we live fairly close, I'm always stunned by the dramatic scenery whenever we head to the lakes. The weather's a bit rubbish though!

      Thanks for popping by :-)

      Delete